3 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries (but not thawed from frozen!)
2/3 cup coconut sugar (or preferred sweetener)
3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
3/4 cup of warm melted coconut oil
- In a medium sized casserole dish (mine is 8 inches in diameter / 2.5 Quart) place berries.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup coconut sugar, 2 Tbsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over berries and mix into them, coating the fruit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oat flour, brown rice flour, gluten-free rolled oats, 1/3 cup of coconut sugar, and 1 Tbsp of cinnamon. Pour in 3/4 of warm melted coconut oil and stir until the crumble begins to form.
- Place the crumble on top of the berries, patting gently to make it all fit, but leaving it loose on top.
- Cover with glass lid.
- Bake covered for 45 at 350 F and then for another 15 minutes uncovered.
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 red onion, diced
5 ounces Italian parsley
2 English cucumbers, cubed
2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and salt together in a small bowl.
- Wash the parsley then use a salad spinner to dry it.
- Remove all the stems, then grab a handful and roll it up and slice the roll as thinly as possible.
- Add the parsley to a large bowl along with the cucumbers, tomatoes and onions.
- Pour dressing on top and toss everything together.
2 cups of frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables
2 cups of small Chinese green cabbage leafs or bok choy, chopped
1 cup of carrots, julienned
1 package (4 servings) of vermicelli rice noodles, prepared
2 Tablespoons of water
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of pure chili sauce
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large wok, on medium heat – place water, coconut oil and chili sauce.
- Add 2 cups of frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables. Cover with lid.
- Allow vegetables to defrost/cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in chopped cabbage leafs and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add in julienned carrots and heat for another 5 minutes, making sure all vegetables are hot right through.
- Serve over prepared noodles and top with gluten-free, low-sodium soy sauce if desired.